Before You Come
What is being done to ensure that our corporate worship is safe?
- We are following the guidelines issued by Governor Abbott and Attorney General Paxton. We are sanitizing our seats and all common areas between services. Volunteers will be wearing masks and gloves.
What can I do to help with safe corporate worship?
- Don't be embarrassed to stay home. If you are sick, think you might be getting sick, or are concerned you might get sick, please stay home and watch the livestream. if you join us for corporate worship, please follow the guidelines (social distancing, wash hands frequently, etc.)
Will there be Sunday School?
- No. We will not have Sunday School until further notice.
Will the Children's ministry be available for my kids?
- No, we will not have Nursery, Tiny Tots (Mrs. Bartlett's class) or Junior Church until further notice. Both services on Sunday will be Family Worship style.
Will the van be available to pick me up?
- No, we will not have pickup service until further notice.
Can I wear a mask?
- Yes. There is no requirement to wear a mask but if you prefer to wear one, please do so.
Will I be the only one wearing a mask?
- No. We have volunteers that will be helping to sanitize the building that will be wearing masks and gloves.
What time will services be held on Sunday starting May 17th?
- Service times will be 9:00AM and 11:00AM until further notice.
Is there a difference between the two services?
- The 9:00AM service is primarily for our high risk attendees. The content in both services will be the same. We will livestream the 11:00AM service for those who do not attend onsite.
What time should I arrive at the church building?
- Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the service starts (8:50AM and 10:50AM). This will help minimize contact and give our volunteers time to sanitize the building between services.
During the Service
Can I sit wherever I want?
- Yes, unless your seating choice conflicts with social distancing guidelines. We will have ushers that will help you to ensure we are in compliance with those guidelines and maximize our seating capacity.
If I bring a friend to church with me, can we sit together?
- Yes. Per the state guidance, if you come to church with someone who doesn't live with you, you can sit together and maintain social distancing from other groups/individuals.
What areas of the church will be open?
- Only the sanctuary and the main restrooms will be open. All other parts of the building (nursery, children's class, kitchen/fellowship hall, and Sunday School wing) are closed and should not be entered.
Will there be coffee and doughnuts?
- No. You are welcome to bring your own coffee with you.
Can I stay after service to visit with other attendees?
- No. At the end of the service, Pastor Bartlett will give instructions regarding exiting the building. This will reduce contact and maximize the time our volunteers have to sanitize the building.
What are the most notable things that will be missing or different?
- Handshakes, hugs, and the "greet our visitors" time between songs - you can wave to anyone and still maintain distancing.
- Offering plates - you can give tithes and offering either online, via text, or there will be boxes in the sanctuary where you can put your offering.
- Water fountains - they will be turned off to reduce common contact areas.